The www.tallandbartonholidaycottage.com website (the “website”) is published by Gwen Harris. Ms Harris is committed to safeguarding the privacy of her website visitors. This policy sets out how she treats your personal information.
While you are using this website, Gwen Harris may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
- Information relating to any materials that you download from this website
- Information that you provide to her for the purpose of communication with Talland Barton Holiday Cottage and/or Gwen Harris or the website’s third-party contributors
- Information that you provide to her for the purpose of subscribing to her website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Information that you provide to her for the purpose of advertising services and/or goods for sale, and/or for the promotion of events on the website
- Any other information that you choose to send to her
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. Both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies are used on the website. The site uses session cookies to keep track of you while you navigate the website. The site may use persistent cookies to enable recognition of you when you visit. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies. However, be aware that blocking all cookies has a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send you general communications such as newsletters to which you have subscribed
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- Deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the website made by or about you
Where you submit personal information for publication on the website, Gwen Harris will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to her. She will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- To the extent that she is required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend her legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
Gwen Harris takes reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. She stores all the personal information you provide to her on the web host’s secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers. However, be aware that data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure and she cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet. If you are one of the website’s third-party contributors, you are responsible for keeping your password and log-in details confidential.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of an administration fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
This website may contain links to other websites. Gwen Harris is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let Gwen Harris know if the personal information which she holds about you needs to be corrected or updated.
This policy was last updated on February 27, 2018. Thank you for visiting www.tallandbartonholidaycottage.com.